outlook 2010

A sample of Email header to know it looks like is given below:

By emailaddressmanager.com (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id i2OApw

For support@emailaddressmanager.com; Mon, 2 Aug 2010 10:00 PST

X-ClientAddr:192.168.1.1

By srv01.advenzia.com(root@localhost)

For support@emailaddressmanager.com; Mon, 2 Aug 2010 10:00 PST

Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2010 10:00 PST

To: support@emailaddressmanager.com

Subject: test mail for reading email headers

From: bogdan@fx.ro

Given above is a sample email header and you can see something of this type in every emails properties. Using this you can find the location of the person who sent you the email. This can easily be done by knowing the IP address and then looking it up in any IP address lookup website.

Bidisha

About Bidisha

wanted to buy a new cell phone and her thorough research for gadgets revealed her passion for technology. Gradually, she found her drawn to everything related to technology and her work which involves extensive research and writing on new gadgets, apps, and smarter use of technology. Careful, her mission is to manipulate technology-naïve women to juice up their ordinary lives with use of technology.

Experience the Best Computer Support

  1. Dr Ian Smith says:

    Thanks Anurag.

    What should we be looking for when we have had our email address ‘used’ by a spammer and the email comes back to us as rejected?
    Can we identify who is misusing our email address from the header?
    Thanks.

  2. houston says:

    I can’t get it to work in 2010. I can view source but it doesn’t show the path like in older versions of outlook. Any ideas?

  3. click the next page says:

    I don’t understand why we cannot see e-mail headers in Outlook-2010 without making the changes in the settings of Microsoft Outlook. Anyways, thanks for this piece of information, though I find it quite difficult to plot the changes, yet I could do it in one attempt.

  4. Techie Justin says:

    @Smith, you can know it by reading Receiving Tag of email headers. You can also track the IP of the sender by reading X-Originating-IP tag of email header.
    Hope it will work for you.

  5. zizuuu says:

    What about an explanation to the common person that does not have degrees in computer jargon. Why does Microsoft hide the header in the first place? Just make it so we can see it. On this specific email when I click on source there are 242 lines. How about a hint?

Leave a comment

*